The moving company came and packed up the contents of our house today. What a blast! We make a conscious effort not to accumulate stuff, and we still have a LOT of stuff.
Since I wouldn’t trust anyone to move it myself, I have several thousand dollars worth of electronics in my little Honda Civic right now. When this laptop goes in there tomorrow it will be quite the “loaded” vehicle.
We hit a little snag — the seller of our new house couldn’t come up with all the money she needed to be able to close tomorrow. Soooo we have to wait to close until next week. Of course they don’t tell us this until after the movers have packed up all of our bedding, etc. We’re just rolling with the punches now. There are pretty much two probable outcomes here — one (the least desirable) is that we live in a hotel for the next week or so (ugh!); two is that we take possession before closing. It sounds like we will be able to do number 2, so yippee-ki-yi-ay! I think it will work out that way. . .if not, we’ll be eating out a lot over the next 8 days or so. And we’ll probably be cranky from being cramped up in a hotel room. (Shudder).
I’m such a materialist. Here I am complaining about living in a two-room hotel suite with 6 people when it probably has more floor space than the average single family home did 100 years ago. The Spirit has a lot more work to do on me, aye.